Monday

NYBG...sigh.

Yesterday, after making a tasty ramp frittata (yum) Noah and I jumped in the car and headed to the bronx to go to the New York Botanical Gardens.  It's so awesome there. Anyone who hasn't been or can't be bothered to make the trek is STUPID.
Brooklyn is good. But Bronx is great.
Better than Longwood... did I just say that?

The lilacs were blooming. And so were the tree peonies. Tree peonies as big as your face. I'm not joking. 
Cotton candy human head sized tree peonies. 

I love a peony. Don't get me wrong. But the Lilacs... the smell is like a drug. I spent a solid hour running from tree to shrub to tree smelling them and then running back to the one before getting high off the perfume. It was a lilac in the face, up the nose, straight to the vein, drugged up heaven. 







There's obviously other amazing things to gawk at around the NYBG...such as this Jade Vine. Insanity. I want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment